Sunday, February 6, 2011

A good sunday

Today I got up early in the morning and I went so Journeys early so I could sell tickets. Tyrell and I were selling them and we made 52$ before the service, and then we did a excellent art project for 2 hours and then the service was over. So then we went to sell more tickets, and all we got were people who said that they wanted a ticket but didn't have their wallet with them right then and for us to ask them next week. When we got home I went on a walk and then O'l Mom and Dad went out for an hour, then they returned with a new microwave( The old one imploded with peer pressure ) and a lovely new big box!

6 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that you were selling tickets for a good cause--raising money so that your Sunday School class can go to a special workshop.

    But you guys did a great job selling tickets--and I know you'll get even more next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I tried to post a comment on Madison's site, but I'm not sure if it worked. I bogged down at the profile part. What I told him was that I loved his writing, which was so in synch with his art and conversation. He's so wildly inventive, yet with a dry response that reminds me of Jack Webb on Dragnet: "Just the facts, Ma'am. Just the facts!". It's like he tosses all kinds of possibilities into the air, and as they drift down, his mind slots them into careful categories, like a scientist classifies specimens. I love that!

    Miss Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...before the service you sold $52 worth of tickets, and after the service everybody begged off with that old "Oh, I'd love to but I don't have my wallet" line?

    Doesn't speak too well for the influence of this service...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, to be honest, it could be a comment on Mom's desire to leave quickly, since we got there early because she was teaching, and Tyrell's parents were there early to usher. I can't speak for them, but it was a beautiful day, and I think most of us were eager to leave as soon as we could.

    But that is a good insight....perhaps it is easier to sell tickets before the service when people are there early and have to stay there, rather than trying to get them after the service when they are moving on to their next activity.

    Which may mean that we need to be there early, whether or not I'm teaching...THANKS, Uncle Donkey...

    Just kidding--that's a good thing to notice.

    ReplyDelete