Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Why you can't count on the next generation to appreciate the American way of life

Today I took a walk with my mom as we walked to a voting place. Mom voted for some people and I don't remember who now. On our walk we talked about voting and the government. I don't see why I have to contribute before I'm old enough to vote. Although I don't know why I'm making it a big deal about not being allowed to vote. When you vote, as you know, you decide which candidate to vote for by their policies, and I don't understand the policies, so I have no idea who to vote for and so I shouldn't make a big deal about not voting until I turn 20. The problem is that I have little appreciation for our federal government because I don't understand it and I'm not allowed to have a say in it. I care more about botany.

No comments:

Post a Comment