Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Book Review for Mockingbird by Katherine Erskine

For the Newberry book club I read Mockingbird, a novel, and my mom wanted me to put a review on the blog, so I did.
The book is about a girl seeking fulfillment after her brother dies in a shooting raid on a school.   She moves to New York with her sad dad to start an ice cream parlour in the middle of winter...
Emotional book, but entertaining plot.  I liked it, but some of the ideas in it are unrealistic (from my point of view).  Interesting book.

1 comment:

  1. Obviously you did not read the boom because the book did not take place in New York nor was there ANY mention of an ice cream store whatsoever. This is a very poignant often painful story about a 10 year old girl with Asberger's Syndrome who, along with her widower father struggles to come to terms with the tragic school shooting in which her older brother was shot and killed.

    ReplyDelete