Thursday, March 7, 2013

Weather

I hear the major snowstorms are terrorizing the areas where most of my reader live (DC, Pennsylvania, New Mexico, etc.) and temperatures are below 0 with 8 feet high floods of snow whilst where I live, it's already 69 Fairenhigeht, dandelions are blooming, and the frogs are already through with hibernation to stay up all night croaking keeping everyone else up all night. Anyone jealous? You can keep feeling jealous if you are. Don't hold it against me, I know how weather-related jealousy feels. I bet no-one who lives in the area of the big storm ever thinks about building snow castles or having snowball fights or sledding and playing out in the 8-foot, moist, not too powdery and not too icy snow all day and get soaked and come in for a nice hot cup of tea. Nope. They all probably just sit and think of how nice it must be to live where Spring comes in mid-February and Fall ends in mid-December and the lowest possible temperature is 49 Fairenheight and it snows once a year about a 1/256th of an inch which is 90% ice snow and melts two hours after it snows. Grumble. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm... Okay. Sorry if I offended you in any way. I wasn't trying to offend... If that's even the case really, I have no idea what you said and responded to it anyway. I guess that that comes from the habit of responding...

      Delete
    2. No, no, no! You didn't offend me! I made a comment that I then realized was based on a misreading, so took it down.

      When it snows heavily here it can create a lot of problems, but you won't hear anybody in these parts complaining about snow these days. We're in a serious drought and have been desperate for more of the white stuff (or any other kind of moisture). In this part of the country, melted snowpack is a critical source of water for the entire year. Alas, it's been another dry, dry winter... A heavy snow, or two, or three, would be more than welcome!

      Delete